4.4.13
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
4.5 out of 5 stars!
This book was so unexpected! I think that's the best way to describe it. Unexpected!
I went into this book knowing nothing about it other than the mysterious summery I read — that really tells you nothing (but get's you a intrigued). So my fist thoughts were, "Wow, this book is really well written considering it's catalogued as a YA. Much better writing than most adult books I'ver read."
The story had a good flow and so much mystery.
In the beginning, our main character, Mara, has been in an accident with her friends and boyfriend and she's the only survivor. She then moves to start over. She starts a new school, makes a few friends, and meets Noah, all while dealing with PTSD. I won't give you more than that because I want you to wonder as much as I did.
I spent a good portion of this novel trying to figure out if her hallucinations were really psychosis, or if it was at all possible that these things could really be happening to her!!!! I loved that about this book! SO ORIGINAL! I can honestly say that I've never read a book before where I sat there trying to figure out if she was ACTUALLY crazy! What a cool mystery to solve. And while the love story part of this book does have some cliche moments, I didn't even mind it because the writing was good, and the rest of the plot was very unique. And, let's face it, Noah is steamy as HELL!!!
Even though I finished the first book, and now have more insight into what is actually going on, I still don't completely know what was real and what was imagined/hallucinated. I like it!
AND the end!!!! How am I supposed to go to sleep NOW!!!!???!
The ONLY reason this book didn't get 5 stars was because of the few cliche moments in the love story plot line, because other than that, we have a book that's beautifully written, a very original story, and a fantastic puzzle of what is real! I'm loving it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment