3.8.13

Sins & Needles

Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1)Sins & Needles by Karina Halle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OHHHH. MYYYYYYY. GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

I thought before I started this book that there were a whole bunch in the series already out. I saw that all this author's books have really high ratings, and I kept hearing the words "THRILLER" and "romance" being thrown around in the reviews and I was like, YAY, I really want a good can't-put-it-down book to read right now.

OH MY GOD! I was wrong, apparently the prequel is out, but the second book is not out yet and I WILLL DIE RIGHT NOW if it is not coming out in the next few days. OMG OMG OMG. This author has another series out and apparently THAT one has a bunch of books out....I wasn't paying attention.

AHHHHHHHHH. Ok. Calm down and review.

let's start with this:



THIS IS CAMDEN.

I know I could just stop my review right here, and you probably are no longer even reading, and I'm betting you probably have already "one clicked" this book. Stop drooling on your computer.

But seriously, I guess this image was used as the inspiration for Camden.

This book is dark. Meaning con artists, and drug lords, and pouring acid on children. It's not graphically dark, but it's not light and fluffy; it's edge-of-your-seat thriller, and please-God-let-them-make-it-out-of-this-with-their-lives sooooooooooo good.

The whole romance part of it threw me off a little. It was somewhat graphic in that area (not Fifty Shades graphic, but more graphic than most books) and it was sometimes a little jarring...almost didn't feel like it went with the flow of the book, but still, easy to get over. It was just more like, woah! (and then you do a quick glance around to see if anyone can see your book)

So Ellie is a con artist. She's unfortunately conned some of the wrong people in her past though, and at the beginning of this book she finds herself on the run from one of those people and decides that this will be her last close call, and she will head home to her uncle and try to go "legit" now. When she gets into town, she immediately runs into Camden. **WAIT HOLD ON! I know you were about to scroll back up and look again, but let me finish.** She doesn't recognize him at first, and actually Camden doesn't really recognize her either in the beginning. When it hits the both of them we find out that they used to be best friends (and Ellie's only friend) in school. Camden was a goth kid that got made fun of and Ellie had a disability that made her the ridicule of her fellow students as well, and they really only had each other....until Ellie did something pretty unforgivable to ruin their friendship all those years ago.

Fast forward, they've just run into each other and Ellie finds out that he's actually really successful. Then she starts finding herself being unable to stop the con artist in her.

Things do not go according to plan, and there are really bad people that get caught up to both Ellie and Camden (who has a pretty bad past as it turns out too).

THRILLER THRILLER THRILLER people! What a ride, and what a freaking ending!

The only things that sort of bothered me were that I don't like books in which the characters go to vegas, even if it is for just a second, it's just a huge pet peeve of mine. Can't explain it really. And then the other thing was that there were a few lines from Camden that weren't believable to me. Just like maybe 2 lines, but they bugged a little.

I hope that there are like a thousand of these books and that they are all so good. I'm going to go die now since I have to wait. My actual rating for this book is more like a 4.7 STARS!

Update:

OMG! I have to wait till August 20th?!?!?!?!?



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment